Tuesday, October 28, 2014
How to Scare Him Off in 10 Spooktacular Steps
We know it’s Halloween but doing these things will potentially scare that love interest away faster than you can say Trick-or-Treat.
1. Saying “I love you” too soon. It takes time to get to know someone and really value them. You might feel like you’re in love but that might be lust talking. Wait until you know for sure.
2. Asking to meet their parents or children. It’s usually best to let someone choose when this is appropriate. People are naturally protective of their inner circle. Don’t force the issue in a new relationship.
3. Arguing against the things they are passionate about like political views or being vegan. If you don’t agree on some fundamental things, it’s time to decide if it’s going to be a big turn off down the road or if it’s something you can learn to live with.
4. Constantly talking about your ex (either positively or negatively). Nobody wants to feel like they are being compared to someone else.
5. Only talking about yourself. Most people want to know that you are interested in what is going on with them. Take time to find out each time you are together.
6. Insisting on moving in together or leaving bridal magazines all over the house. Let the relationship happen naturally. Things will fall into place if it is meant to be.
7. Going shopping or out to eat and expecting the other person to pay for everything, every time…If this is something that is important for you, it needs to be agreed upon in the very beginning of the relationship.
8. Texting or sexting your lover non-stop. How can they miss you if you won’t go away?
9. Talk about having kids and how many. This one is tricky. It is definitely important to talk about kids if you are set on having a certain number within a certain time frame. You need to determine if a potential mate has goals similar to yours. Just try to find a way to do it that doesn’t make it sound like you need to have them right now!
10. Judging their friends or family when you haven’t met them yet. Don’t let gossip or things you see on Facebook determine your opinion of someone you don’t know. If a person is important to your new love, they are probably going to be important to you going forward. Give them the benefit of the doubt in the beginning. Oh, and don't change your Facebook status too early either. Awkward.